Ages: 16+ ONLY
Saturday, 10/29/2022 (1 day)
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Location: Drake House – Art Studio
Instructor: Ivy Stevens-Gupta
Learn how to use a non-toxic epoxy resin in this half-day workshop. International award-winning artist and certified color therapist, Ivy Stevens-Gupta, will show you how to use ArtResin to coat, seal and preserve your artwork. Participants will learn how to prep their artwork surface, mix epoxy with hardener, spread over art or use silicone molds, eliminate bubbles using a torch, and protect their work until it cures. Find out what safety gear you need while using resin. Learn how to add acrylic paint or alcohol inks to resin. Ivy will discuss common epoxy resin mistakes how to correct them. Here is what you can expect:
- Participants will create one silicone mold cup coaster using dried flowers, mica powders, colorants, glitter, and epoxy resin.
- In addition to the cup coaster, students will decorate and resin 2 different types of Holiday ornaments to give as gifts or keep for yourself. *Bring a couple of family or pet photos. Use photo paper or glossy paper. Photo should be no larger than 3” x 3”.
- Gain confidence using sandpaper grits, a level, resin tools, and a torch/heat gun.
- Learn proper mixing ratios and timing, how to protect your artwork while it dries (cures) and how to prevent puckers, dents, bubbles, and flaws in your work.
- Watch LIVE demos on how to:
- Prep your artwork, mix epoxy with hardener, pour resin & spread on surface, eliminate bubbles and imperfections, control humidity and temperature, proper curing times, how to add a second layer of resin and insider tips on how to best use resin.
Things to know
• Cost includes all art supplies*
• Snacks and drinks provided
• All Skill Levels Welcome
• Age 16 & up ONLY due to working with torches