MOSAIC 2023 – Call for Submissions & Submission Form
THE PROJECT: The juried MOSAIC 2023 exhibition will be held from November 3 – December 15, 2023. Submissions for MOSAIC will be accepted starting March 13, 2023, and the deadline for submissions is April 30, 2023, at 11:59 pm.
ELIGIBILITY: Artists ages 18 and up. Participation in MOSAIC in previous years does not guarantee acceptance into the 2023 event. All artworks shall be the original work of the artists.
Twenty artists will be selected for the MOSAIC 2023 exhibition. Accepted artists are asked to create up to 16 small works (6” x 6” and/or 12″ x 12″) that will fit the layouts options (below) using a single medium throughout the series, in response to a theme of their choice.
- Submission Deadline: April 30, 2023
- Acceptance Notification: May 12, 2023
- Bio/Artist Statement & Headshot: September 5, 2023
- Artwork Images: October 3, 2023
- Artwork Drop Off: October 23 – 25, 2023, 9 am – 7 pm
- Exhibit on View: November 3 – December 15, 2023
- Reception: November 3, 5 – 7 pm
- Unsold Artwork Pick Up: December 16,18, & 19, 2023, 9 am- 5 pm
Selected artists are invited to present one piece of artwork for sale at 171 Cedar Arts Center’s Kaleidoscope – a Grand Soirée gala fundraiser at the Corning Museum of Glass on Saturday evening, June 3, 2023. Artwork should be representative of each artist’s work but does not have to be the same theme or size as the MOSAIC exhibition submission. No artwork should exceed 36” x 36”. Artists and a “plus one” will be invited to attend the Kaleidoscope event and artists are expected to attend an Artist Meet & Greet reception at the beginning of the event.
APPLY: All submissions should be made through the online MOSAIC 2023 Submission Form below.
MATERIALS: 171 Cedar Arts Center can provide you with up to 16 unprimed, non-archival, 6” x 6” and/or 12″ x 12″ wood panels (with holes drilled in the back for hanging and ease of installation). Other 6” x 6” and/or 12″ x 12″ panels may be used at the artist’s expense (small canvases, and ceramic painting panels, etc.) as long as the presentation is professional in appearance and there is a rigid support and hanging hardware fincluded. Work will be displayed unframed. Variations must be approved by 171 Cedar Arts Center in advance.
MEDIA: All fine art visual media may be submitted. Artists may prime and paint on panels, or attach canvas, drawings, or watercolor paper. 3D sculptures or jewelry may be attached to wall-mounted panels, or stand on 171-approved shelves, tables, or pedestals. View layout examples below. If your work requires an alternative setup, contact us for approval as soon as possible. Contact Kate Heiman, email@example.com
INSTALLATION: Artwork must be delivered no later than October 25, with all necessary mounting hardware included, if applicable. If you aren’t using the provided panels, please have your work ready with all necessary mounting hardware included. Artists are asked to assist with the installation of their works and scheduling will be coordinated with Kate Heiman. No more than 16 six-inch square panels will be hung and no fewer than 4 twelve-inch square panels should be provided. The artwork layout must conform to one of the layouts below and all works must be unframed.
Finished panels should be signed, dated, and numbered on the back. No partial deliveries or wet paintings will be accepted. Display space for each artist will be the decision of 171. 171 Cedar Arts Center may require fragile work to be installed by the artist no later than noon on November 1, 2023.
DISPLAY MATERIALS – BIO/ARTIST STATEMENT: Each artist will submit a bio/artist statement (not to exceed 250 words), to display with their artwork. 171 will print these uniformly on card stock along with a label that has the artist’s information. NO OTHER MATERIALS MAY BE PLACED AT YOUR DISPLAY.
PRICING AND SALES:
- MOSAIC 2023 all artwork must be for sale.
- All works of an individual artist must have the same price on pieces of equal size (i.e. 6″ x 6″ should have one price and 12″x 12″ works can have the same or greater price as long as they are all equally priced within the same size category).
- Suggested range for pricing: six-inch squared pieces should be listed for no less than $50 each, but you may price higher based on your typical sales.
- 171 will process sales and sales tax and will take a 30% commission. Artists have the option to give 50% to 100% of their sales as a tax-deductible donation.
- MOSAIC Artwork will be offered for sale on the 171 Cedar Arts Center website. Artists MUST provide a high-resolution jpeg image of each piece of artwork no later than October 3, 2023.
PUBLICITY: 171 will send a press release and calendar listing to print and online media, send printed announcement postcards to its mailing list, promote the MOSAIC 2023 exhibition in its weekly e-newsletter, and promote on social media. Artists are encouraged to share MOSAIC 2023 information on their websites, blogs, forums, and social media.
MOSAIC 2023 LAYOUT OPTIONS:
MOSAIC Submission Form
"*" indicates required fields