Bob Kinner Faculty Award
for Teaching Excellence
171 Cedar Arts opens the call for the Bob Kinner Faculty Awards each February to recognize and celebrate outstanding teaching excellence. The Kinner Awards are announced at the Annual Members Meeting & Celebration which will be held on April 13, 2024 at 7:00 PM.
Robert Lee “Bob” Kinner, a founding member of 171 Cedar Arts Center, was passionate about supporting artists and arts appreciators by building institutions and opportunities that brought art and community together. By providing musicians with a stage, artists with a gallery, and thinkers with forums for discussion, Kinner opened doors for an entire community, and those who enjoyed his company and his venues felt truly at home with the arts. This award was created to honor Kinner’s talent and foresight in enriching our wonderful community with the ability to experience the arts in so many ways.
Criteria for Nomination:
All faculty members in good standing within all disciplines of arts instruction at 171 Cedar Arts Center are eligible to be nominated! Faculty may be nominated and receive this award multiple times. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated outstanding instruction in their fields including:
- Proficiency in their chosen subject.
- Innovative thinking and clarity of instruction.
- Enthusiastic about their discipline and encouraging to students at all levels!
- Submissions for the Bob Kinner Award for Teaching Excellence are due Friday, March 1, 2024.
- Nominations can be made by any active member or student of 171 and can be submitted for multiple faculty members.
- Please share a brief narrative of why you are nominating the faculty member and include their name, class taken, your name, and your contact information.
- Nomination Forms can be submitted online and are available here (link), or can be emailed to info@171CedarArts.org but must include all required information to be considered.
Presentation of Award
- Kinner Award recipients will be announced during the 171 Cedar Arts Center Annual Members Meeting.
- Recipients and their nominators are requested to attend the Annual Members Meeting in order to participate in the awards celebration.
- Recipients receive a commemorative glass plaque and receive a special designation on the faculty directory page of the art center’s website.
Congratulations to the 2022 Kinner Award Winners!
171 Cedar Arts has a call for nominations for the award each February. The Kinner Awards are presented at the Annual Membership Meeting & Celebration.
Dino Losito | Award for Teaching Excellence
Amanda Warren | Award for Teaching Excellence
Steve Wilson | Lifetime Achievement Award