171 Cedar Arts Bob Kinner Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence
Now accepting nominations to be presented March 9, 2019. Deadline is February 15, 2019
Robert Lee “Bob” Kinner, a founding member of 171 Cedar Arts Center, was passionate about supporting artists and arts appreciators by building institutions and opportunities that brought art and community together. By providing musicians with a stage, artists with a gallery, and thinkers with forums for discussion, Kinner opened doors for an entire community, and those who enjoyed his company and his venues felt truly at home with the arts. This award was created to honor Kinner’s talent and foresight in enriching our wonderful community with the ability to experience the arts in so many ways.
Criteria for nomination
Criteria for nominating a candidate may include, but are not limited to the following faculty members in good standing in the areas of: Music, Dance, Fine Arts, Culinary, or Martial Arts. Compelling evidence of outstanding instruction:
- Knows subject thoroughly
- Designs class sessions to maximize learning
- Communicates in organized, enthusiastic, and innovative ways
- Stimulates interest of students and encourages them
- Shows commitment to life-long learning, especially to improving knowledge of the discipline
Keep in mind the criteria for receiving this award must relate to teaching as opposed to other artistic or professional pursuits. Please note that a faculty member can be nominated and received the Kinner award more than once.
- The call for nominations will be announced annually to the Faculty, membership, and staff six weeks prior to 171 Cedar Arts Center’s Annual Meeting. Submissions for the 2019 Bob Kinner Award for Teaching Excellence are due on February 15, 2019.
- Nominations for this award will be accepted from any member of the 171 Cedar Arts Center community, including faculty, staff, or Member, without any limitations on the number of nominations.
- Nominations should consist of the name of the candidate and a narrative supporting the nomination. Nominations should be sent to the Executive Director, Beth Landin, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please include any additional information that you feel supports your nomination. For example:
- Examples of work (large images and/or videos should be submitted via CD or thumb drive).
- Letters of support
- Recommendations and comments from colleagues, students and staff
- External recognition for teaching accomplishments
Presentation of Award & Publicity:
- The award will be announced prior to 171 Cedar Arts Center’s Annual Meeting. The 2019 Bob Kinner Award for Teaching Excellence will be awarded at the Annual Meeting on March 9, 2019, at 7:00 pm, in The Studio Theater in the Drake House.
- Recipients will receive a glass art plaque commemorating the award, and will be honored at the awards ceremony during 171 Cedar Arts Center’s Annual Meeting.
- Announcement of the award recipients will also be included in a press release, and in variety of publications produced by 171.
- The award recipients will also receive a special designation in their directory listing on 171 Cedar Arts Center’s website.