Safety First at 171!
Active Classes including all dance and Tai Chi will be held via Zoom for the remainder of the year. We currently are planning to resume in-person classes after winter break starting in January.
We have made operational accommodations to help our visitors, members, students, and our staff and faculty enjoy being at 171 in a safe and fun manner. We request that you register online for classes https://171cedararts.org/product-category/classes/ or call to register at (607)936-4647. Seats for classes are limited and may not be reserved before payment is made. If you have questions, please call the number above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about classes or tuition credits.
What’s New? What to Expect?
We have guidelines and measures in place to make sure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Masks and Health Screening
- All visitors (over the age of 2) and staff and faculty are required to wear a face covering in public spaces while on the 171 Cedar Arts Center campus.
- Please bring your own mask.
- All guests will be health screened at the main entrance to each building which includes a temperature check, answering NYS screening questions, and signing into (and out of) the building. We are requesting contact tracing information.
- All staff and faculty are also required to participate in health screenings each time they enter a 171 Cedar Arts Center building.
- If you have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater, we’ll kindly ask that you and your party plan to visit us another day.
- Social distancing efforts will be in effect throughout the 171 premises. Please follow directions on posted signs to ensure social distancing and on floor markings for directional flow.
Arrival for Classes
- Entrance to the Drake House (155 Cedar Street) and the Bruce House (171 Cedar Street) is through the main Cedar Street entrance only, except for those needing accommodations. Other doors are noted as exits.
- Please plan to arrive ready for class, as close to the start of class time as possible. Under Phase 4 Guidelines, we are limited to 25% of total building capacity. If you need to wait for a younger child, limited seating is available to ensure social distancing. We are also trying to keep changing clothes for class onsite to a minimum. Thank you for your cooperation!
- For the time being, we will not offer concession snacks.
- The water fountains will be closed, and refrigerator water dispensers will be unavailable. Please bring your own water.
- Please note maximum capacity for each room, as posted.