Art Powered forward
Build A Legacy – Donate Today!
- to ensure the future of our community’s home for the arts
- to expand 171’s innovative programming
- to enable inclusive arts education through 171’s scholarship program
- to make a difference in our creative community!
For over 50 years, 171 Cedar Arts Center has provided a home for the arts in Corning. Cedar Arts brings culture, creativity, and vibrancy to our community from its thriving campus of two historic buildings. It also serves the community with active outreach programs, partnering with libraries, schools, museums, and social service organizations to deliver arts experiences that inspire imaginations, foster confidence, and build skills for children and adults.
171 Cedar Arts Center is the perfect place to experience dance, ceramics, music, theater, visual arts, culinary arts, language, and more. The center features regional artists in the Houghton Gallery and hosts performances in the Drake House Studio Theater. Cedar Arts serves not only as one of the largest regional employers of artists but also as a resource for area employers to attract talent. Cedar Arts enhances the quality of life in our community by developing balanced, fully realized citizens through the arts.
is to bring people together to experience culture through exceptional arts education, art exhibits, and live performances.
To Continue our Mission
We must update and renovate our historic facilities and enhance programming though innovative classes, exhibits, and performances. We also need to bolster our scholarship program because several funds are set to expire in coming years. 171’s Board of Directors has determined that a $3 million capital campaign is necessary to sustain and grow 171 Cedar Arts Center.
171’s Art Powered Forward Capital Campaign will create a restricted fund to:
- Upgrade and maintain safe and healthy facilities to support programming and optimize capacity
- Create program enhancements to fulfill unmet needs for arts education
- Augment scholarship funds to ensure inclusivity and accessibility
Ways to give to the Art Powered Forward Capital Campaign:
- Give a gift in honor or in memory of someone special
- Set up a gift of securities
- Establish a planned gift in your will or name 171 Cedar Arts Center as a beneficiary
- Make a business or foundation gift
Contact Beth Landin, Executive Director or Kim Huston, Finance Manager, at 607-936-4647 about the above options or for stock, securities, and advised fund donations.
Gifts of $5,000 – $10,000 will be prominently recognized on a permanent donor installation. Naming opportunities are available for contributions at the $10,000 level and above. Please contact Beth Landin, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (607) 936-4647.