Employment at 171 Cedar Arts Center
171 Cedar Arts Center has a unique and creative work environment. With inclusivity and diversity at the heart of our values, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering both full-time and part-time positions.
We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a community multi-arts center, and we are located in two historic buildings in the heart of Corning, NY. We are passionate about positioning 171 Cedar Arts Center to thrive and to cultivate the arts in Corning and the beautiful Finger Lakes Region for the next 50 years!
- Artistically dynamic
- Community centered
- Inclusive of everyone
- Passionate about art’s power and possibilities
- Committed to excellence in all we do
- Appreciative and caring of clients, faculty, artists, and volunteers
- Dedicated to honest, responsive, and responsible management
In person applications will not be accepted at this time.
171 is looking for dynamic ceramics instructors to offer classes, camps, and workshops in upcoming terms. Successful candidates will possess training and work experience in teaching ceramics, and demonstrable skills in curriculum planning. Candidates must be comfortable working with a wide range of ages and skill-levels.
171’s Woodcock Ceramic studio features:
- Wheel room with a canvas wedging table, 5 Shimpo, 5 Brent wheels, and 2 Artista tabletop wheels
- Hand-building room with a large canvas table, a Brent slab roller, a North Star extruder, and numerous plaster/clay molds
- Front-loading Bailey Thermal Logic Electric kiln (17.9 ft3)
- Venco pugmill for clay recycling
- 20+ studio mixed glazes
- 16 Amaco velvet underglazes
- Communal studio tools
- An extensive ceramic resource library
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, education, or related field of study
- Experience instructing up to 12 students during a class
- Experience and proficiency with wheel throwing and/or hand-building
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- Self-motivated and organized
- Have new ideas for class proposals
- Ready to lead students in exploring fundamental methods, new techniques, concepts, and processes
- Ability to work with children (6+) and adults
Please submit your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In person applications will not be accepted.
171 Cedar Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories.
Have an idea for a class!? Click the button below to download the class proposal PDF.
Please submit the completed form and your resume to email@example.com. In person proposals will not be accepted.