171 Cedar Arts Center
171 Cedar Arts Center is a nonprofit community arts center that offers exceptional arts education, with programs in dance, visual arts, ceramics, ceramics, theater, music, culinary, and language arts; exhibits contemporary artists in its Houghton Gallery, and presents live performances.
171 Cedar Arts Center provides high quality arts experiences in a warm, inspiring, and welcoming atmosphere, and offers a unique work experience in its two historic buildings in the heart of downtown Corning, New York. Our small staff and our teaching faculty are creative, dedicated, and passionate about enriching the vibrancy of our community through culture and arts education.
171 Cedar Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, protected veterans, genetic information, political views, or other legally protected characteristics.
Status: Part-time, hourly
Position Summary: As a crucial first point of contact, the front desk Administrative Associate greets and communicates with all who attend classes and visit 171 Cedar Arts Center. This is a part-time, hourly administrative position requiring evening and weekend availability. The Administrate Associate must provide exceptional customer service and act consistently with 171 Cedar Arts Center values.
- Staffing reception desk and welcoming all visitors, faculty, and students
- Registering clients for classes and processing payments
- Utilizing registration database and scheduling software (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge and ResSched)
- Answering telephone, relaying calls and messages
- Responding to questions from clientele, which requires knowledge of 171’s class offerings and programming
- Various clerical duties
- Preparing spaces for classes, receptions, and performances (which will require moving and setting up chairs, tables, rolling appliances, etc.)
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers and people at all levels.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn and be able to convey information about 171’s classes/programming, exhibitions, and performances
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a professional phone manner
- Proficient computer skills with exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Part-time applicants should generally offer an open availability Monday – Friday, 4:30pm –9:30 pm, and Saturday, 8:00am – 3:30 pm with additional shifts occasionally necessary. Candidates may be asked to work as early as 8:00 am or work as late as 10:00 pm.
An offer of employment will be contingent on a criminal background check.
Email resume outlining related experience, along with a letter of interest and at least two work-related references to Noelle Curren at currenn@171Cedararts.org .
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY – no phone calls; please do not apply in person.