Employment at 171 Cedar Arts Center
171 Cedar Arts Center has a unique and creative work environment. With inclusivity and diversity at the heart of our values, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering both full-time and part-time positions.
We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a community multi-arts center, and we are located in two historic buildings in the heart of Corning, NY. We are passionate about positioning 171 Cedar Arts Center to thrive and to cultivate the arts in Corning and the beautiful Finger Lakes Region for the next 50 years!
- Artistically dynamic
- Community centered
- Inclusive of everyone
- Passionate about art’s power and possibilities
- Committed to excellence in all we do
- Appreciative and caring of clients, faculty, artists, and volunteers
- Dedicated to honest, responsive, and responsible management
Administrative Support Associate
As a crucial first point of contact, front desk Administrative Support Associate greets and communicates with all who attend classes and visit 171 Cedar Arts Center. This is a part-time, hourly administrative position requiring evening and weekend availability. Administrative support staff must provide exceptional customer service and act consistently with 171 Cedar Arts Center values.
- Staffing reception desk and welcoming all visitors, faculty, and students
- Registering clients for classes and processing payments
- Utilizing registration database and scheduling software (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge)
- Answering telephone, relaying calls and messages
- Responding to questions from clientele, which requires knowledge of 171’s class offerings and programming
- Various clerical duties
- Preparing spaces for classes, receptions, and performances (which will require moving and setting up chairs, tables, rolling appliances, etc.)
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers and people at all levels.
- Knowledge of 171’s class offerings and programming
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a professional phone manner
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills with exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Suite (not required, but helpful)
- Part-time applicants should generally offer an open availability Monday – Friday, 4:00pm –10:00 pm, and Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm with additional shifts occasionally necessary. Candidates may be asked to work as early as 8:00 am or work as late as 10:00 pm.
Please submit your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In person applications will not be accepted.