Position Summary: The Administrative Associate is a critical position that serves as the face of 171. This part-time, hourly admin position provides coverage for the organization during evening and weekend hours. The associate must be friendly, provide exceptional customer service, and maintain the values of 171 Cedar Arts Center.
- Serve as a highly visible ambassador for the organization.
- Manage online, phone, and in-person class registrations.
- Process payments, update memberships, and various routine clerical and administrative duties.
- Welcome guests, gallery visitors, students, and faculty to campus.
- Answer incoming phone calls and address inquiries, relay calls, and forward messages.
- Be up to date on 171 programming, classes, exhibits, and other offerings.
- Update full-time staff about occurrences after hours.
- Act as the guest liaison for rental events.
- Ensure the facilities are empty and securely locked at close of business.
- Perform opening procedures as needed at the start of the day.
- Prepare spaces for classes, receptions, and performances (which requires moving and setting up chairs, tables, rolling appliances, starting zoom classes, etc.)
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service with a demonstrated track record. Creative problem solving and analytical reasoning skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex information succinctly.
- Flexibility to adapt to an evolving workplace with a capacity to learn quickly.
- Proficient computer skills, with exceptional knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom. Experience with class management software a plus.
- Attention to detail in clerical work and accuracy of data entry required.
- Can commit to a regular work schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and assist with room setup for events.
- Reliable, honest, and conscientious with a genuine desire to support the mission of 171.
- Diverse life experiences may substitute for professional credentials. All applicants are encouraged to apply!
Please email a PDF of your resume with cover letter and work-related references to
Noelle Curren at currenn@171Cedararts.org. Electronic submissions only, no phone calls or walk-ins.
All applicants must pass a background check.